Friday, May 4, 2012

April 19th: "The Shack"

Today in class we read a few excerpts from The Shack.  Our assignment was then to reflect on specific images of God that were distinctly Catholic.
Here are some quotes that show the distinctly Christian Catholic view of God:
"I am neither male nor female"
"An emphasis on fathering is necessary because of the enormity of its absence."
"Everything is about him."
"when all you can see is your pain, perhaps then you lose sight of me?"
"the bird walked straight to her hand and began feeding."
"By nature I am completely unlimited, without bounds. I have always known fullness. I live in a state of perpetual satisfaction as my normal state of existence"
"Although he is also fully God, he has never drawn upon his nature as God to do anything."

This is the Shack by William Young

http://www.challies.com/articles/the-shack-by-william-p-young
This is a link to a review/analysis of The Shack that examines it as a book, and the theology aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment